Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ramadan Mubarak


Ramadan Mubarak to all of you.cant believe how fast the year passes by.As we fast and pray in this holy month may our faith in almighty lead us to happiness.And may he bless us with  good health and fulfill our dreams.

          Ramadan is here and it make me miss hyderabad a lot.I miss the iftar (fast break) samosas and the yummy haleem.i can bet that you cant get that taste of haleem anywhere else other that hyderabad.People do make it here in US but no-nothing close to the hyderabadi haleem.I feel to go India right away to have it.Hey one thing i just got to know from youtube is that hyderabadi haleem got the 'geographical indication' tag .Its such an honour,it really is .These are few of the many famous haleem houses in hyderabad :

     1.Pistahouse
     2.Shah Ghouse
     3.Paradise
     4.Bawarchi
     5.CafĂ© Bahaar

Hopefully i wil be making it very soon and share with all of you.

        It is such fun and pious feeling to wake up early in the morning for sehari (start the fast).In india we used to do it with all my cousins.Sehari and Iftar was a fun part and praying five times during this Ramadan month gives us a sense of piousness and contentment.
          
          Here in US me and my dear hubby wake up early morning  for sehari and for Iftar we go to the mosque where the whole community gathers for Iftar.Its nice to pray with everybody and break our fast.

                                Wish all of you a very blessed Ramadan
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my kitchen.Please drop a few words how you felt about my recipes which would encourage me to share my recipes with all of you.Happy Cooking..!!!