Saturday, June 11, 2011

Baked fish

Fish-a healthy and tasty all time fav of my dad.He always says dont eat much chicken-mutton,rather eat fish ,its healthy.I love fish but in one condition that the store guy has to remove the fish eyes.I get fish from a chinese market where the guy doesnt understand whenever i try to tell him pointing and poking my eyes  pleading  him to remove the eyes myself.hah.Very frustrating sometimes i have to remove the fish eye at home while cleaning.Anyways its worth the pain in cleaning,when the fish is all ready to eat.I always pan seared fish or make fish curry.But after coming to US i started baking fish and it became one of my fav.it doesnt take much effort and goes well with any dal-rice.
njoy...!!!




Ingredients:

Pomfret-1 big cleaned and tummy slit length wise.
Salt to taste
Ginger-garlic paste
Turmeric-1/4th tsp
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4th tsp
Tandoori masala-1 tsp(optional,it gives a nice color and aroma to fish)
oil-3 tsp

Method :

Heat the oven to 350.
Wash the fish and make a slit at the tummy lenght wise.

Make 3 cuts not too deep on each side of fish.

In a bowl mix all the spices and oil and make a paste.

Rub on each side of fish rubbing inside the slits too,leave it for 20mins or so.

Layer your oven proof pan with  foil  and spray oil as fish does stick to it when cooked.

Cover the pan with foil and put it in the middle rack for 15 mins.


Put for another 10 mins uncovered and your fish is ready.





Serve hot..

Happy Eating...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my kitchen.Please drop a few words how you felt about my recipes which would encourage me to share my recipes with all of you.Happy Cooking..!!!